Friday, January 30, 2009

In matters of the cloth he is as fickle as can be

On the phone with my thesis adviser this evening:

"Would it be unconscionable if I quoted a 30-page prologue in full at the beginning of my essay?"

"A 30-page--!"

"I mean, I could break it up into smaller pieces, but I don't think my argument would be as clear that way."

"30 pages?"

"Sorry! 30 lines!"

"Oh, that's fine. On the long end of acceptable, but fine. I was thinking, 30 pages--!"

"Oh, God! I'm very tired."

"All right, all right, dear."

This evening is brought to you--well, more properly, to me--by The Kinks' "Dedicated Follower of Fashion," because every thesis needs a theme song. I would also like to congratulate AD on her expert drawings of the back of my head. Tempus fugit. Back to work.

2 comments:

  1. "his clothes are loud, but never square." hah! too good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Without fail, listening to that song makes me 15 times happier. Have you seen the Beau Brummell version? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHcKxAPCKug

    ReplyDelete